Lentils are not only quick and easy to prepare, they are also a high protein, high fiber member of the legume family. One option to include lentils in your diet is provided below:
- 1/2 lb. Swordfish, cut into 1/2 x 1/2 cubes)
- 1/2 Cup Lentils, cooked
- 1/2 Sweet Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/3 Yellow/Red Bell Pepper each , diced
- 3 - 4 medium Tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 Avocado, diced for topping
- 1/8 cup Cilantro
- Lettuce for topping
- 2 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1/4 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3 Teaspoons Cumin Powder
- Organic Honey
- Red Pepper Flakes, optional, add to taste for heat
- 3- 4 Tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onions and bell pepper, cook for 5 minutes or onions are translucent
- Add Tomatoes and Garlic with a pinch of salt.
- Add Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Onion Powder, Chilli Powder, and Honey.
- Add water and bring to boil, simmer on medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add diced fish and cilantro and lentils.
- Heat through and serve with fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, avocados and lettuce. (Note: Serves 2 to 3)