This recipe is packed with protein-rich quinoa and fiber-filled veggies, both of which aid in muscle recovery and keep you full long after a workout. It’s topped with Pomegranate seeds, a good source of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers.`Easy to prepare and great to utilize as your 'to go' lunch.
- 3/4 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 acorn or kabocha squash
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of walnuts (almonds amor any other nuts you like)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for roasting squash
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, cut the top and bottom off the squash. Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise and, using a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut each piece in half again lengthwise. Then slice each quarter lengthwise, creating 1/2 inch slices. Place squash slices into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Spread across the pan and arrange so each piece sits flat. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the 1/4 cup of olive oil, the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once the acorn squash is finished, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix together the cooked quinoa, pomegranate seeds, raisins, nuts and dressing in a big serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with roasted squash pieces and enjoy!