These oats are packed with energy and are great before a long day on the bike. They’re sweet and creamy you may even try them for dessert.
- 1 extra large sweet potato or yam
- 2 cups whole oats
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup raisins
- 1/3 cup finely shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6 T dry toasted, chopped pecans
- Using a fork, poke holes in the sweet potato. Microwave or cook until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potato while it is still hot, and mash the flesh with a fork in a bowl.
- Combine this with the oat mixture until creamy. Portion the mixture into six storage containers and let set in the fridge overnight.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of pecans before eating (Note: Serves 6).