Protein-rich, soul-satisfying comfort food that's easy to make at home from scratch, with minimal ingredients, in about 20 minutes. Perfect after a long workout.
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts, no skin (approx. .6 lbs.)
- 3 Organic Eggs, Scrambled
- 1 Sweet Onion, Sliced
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Quality Soy Sauce
- 1 T Honey
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 T Canola Oil
- ¾ Cup Uncooked Medium Grain Rice
- Combine the soy sauce and honey in a medium sized bowl. Cut the chicken into thin slices approximately 1-1.5" long or 1" cubes. Add the chicken to the Soy Sauce mix and marinate for 30-45 minutes.
- Cook the 3/4 Cup of Rice per the directions on the bag.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet, or wok, over medium high heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Drain the chicken, reserve the soy sauce mixture, and add to the onion. Cook chicken thoroughly. Add the reserved soy sauce mixture and broth. Bring to a boil. Scramble the eggs in a bowl and add to the chicken. Add the green onion. Continue over medium high heat until egg is cooked. Avoid stirring the mixture.
- Place hot rice in a bowl and top with the chicken. Serve immediately (Serves 2-3).