Treat tofu like fish then top with a citrusy salsa of avocado, mango, and lime. This dish can be prepared ahead of time – just reheat the tofu on the grill or on a grill pan or skillet and serve. Feel free to use fish, tempeh or seitan should also work well. Wrap it up in a tortilla if you’d like, just cut the tofu into smaller pieces, grab some tortillas, and load them up.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 lb. tofu, sliced 1"-thick and pressed to remove water (extra firm, high protein)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced (sauté if you do not like it raw)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cup arugula
- 1/2 carrot, sliced
- 2 mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cut in small pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tofu until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes, then transfer to plates.
- Make mango salsa: Combine mango, avocado, cucumber, onion, lime juice, and cilantro in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide tofu among plates, top with salsa, and serve on salad (Note: Serves 2).