This is our new favorite dish, simple to make and ingredients you have in the kitchen or can easily get, anywhere. No refined sugar, clean eating option, and just delicious. Make enough for lunch the next day.
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 apples
- Juice and zest of 1 organic lime
- 1 pomegranate
- 3 cups white quinoa, cooked and left to cool
- 1/3 cup Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 TBSP lime juice
- Zest of 2 organic limes
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- Separate the broccoli into small florets. Peel the stalk and chop into bite-size pieces. Roast the broccoli in the oven or frying pan in olive oil until nicely browned but still has a bite and vibrant green color. Season with salt.
- Quarter the apples, remove the core, cut into small cubes, and toss with lime juice and zest. Halve the pomegranate. Line the bottom of a large bowl with a paper towel. Hold half off the pomegranate over the bowl and tap the pomegranate with a wooden spoon so the seeds drop out. Continue with the other half and remove any remnants of the white membrane from the bowl (or simply buy a container of pomegranate seeds...).
- Toss the quinoa with the broccoli, apples, and lime vinaigrette. Arrange the salad in ab owl and sprinkle worth the pomegranate seeds. (Notes: Serves 4)
- Add tofu, grilled salmon, grilled chicken if you wish (not included in the nutrition label below).
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, honey, wasabi, soy sauce until he honey is dissolved. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil. Continue whisking until the mixture is nice and emulsified.
- Season with additional tamarind and lime juice. (Note: Serves 12)
Recipe courtesy of Hannah Grant and The Grand Tour Cookbook