This recipe is great for breakfast, lunch or quick dinner, protein packed, and loaded with good fats.
- 1 slice bread, toasted to your liking
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Thin slices of 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 halved avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2-4 slices of smoked salmon (depending on size)
- 1 fried/scrambled egg (based on preference), sprinkled with salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup of arugula
Spread one slice of bread with mustard.
Top with cucumber slices, then avocado. Spritz with a bit of fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Layer the smoked salmon on top of the avocado, then the arugula. Top with the fried egg. Press down slightly then cut in half and enjoy (Notes: 1 serving).
If you want to increase your carbohydrates have two slices of bread.